Thursday, February 11, 2010

National Day of Crepe continued...

So in Vallauris we saw the chappel which was decorated by Picasso in the theme of war and peace.
http://www.vallauris.net/Image/photos%20ambiances/guerre-et-paix.gif
I really was never a big fan of Picasso until I saw this. Yea I thought he was cool and admired him for completly redefining art but the symbolism and passion in this was amazing. In the picture the right represents peace and the left war. The painting straight ahead was actually painted later because the city wanted him to "finish it off" but Picasso didnt want to do it because in his mind he was finished. Finally he consented and painted it but didnt put any effort into it. As the tour guide said "this is a very bad Picasso" There is also another anti-war statue in the town called the man and the sheep. Again I'll get pictures up as soon as Dell decides to send Vista... Im on day 14 of the 6-12 days they originally told me after they forgot to put it on the new hard drive in the first place.

Hmm... what else is new... Sunday, or rather Monday the superbowl was on TV!!! There is an american bar on the other side of town called the Wohoo and of course they showed it :) It was absolutly packed with americans, french and people from other countries as well so it was really fun. They let us bring food so we were well stocked with pizza, chips and salsa, pringles and any other semi-american food we could lay our hands on. I was undecided up until the national anthem which team I was going to cheer for but finally choose the Colts. I definitly dont regret it but wish they had won in the end. I wasnt planning on staying for the whole game but I have no idea how I ever thought I would be able to walk away from such an exciting game. So... up till 4:30 awake at 7:45 for class at 9... yea...

Other than that there's not too much that is new... I will have a mass upload of pictures when I can finally do it because there is so much to show you (trips, city, the university...)

Tomorrow I take the train with some friends for Paris at 5... we then have the whole day free to explore and are staying at a Hostel called "Oops" for the night. The next day we fly to Athens. I realized that I do not know a single word of Greek... uh oh... Im pretty sure they all speak english and french though. We're not exactly sure what we are doing there but Im so excited and will tell you all about it when I get back... with pictures hopefully!!!

However a lot is resting on fate at the moment... there is snow in Paris and strikes in Greece (including some of the airport workers) So I guess we will see if I actually make it there...

Well Ill do it like the french and just see what happens!!! I suppose being stuck in Paris wouldnt be the worst thing in the world :) C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment