Monday, January 4, 2010

24 hours and counting!


My name is Bre Hilby. I attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison and am planning on majoring in Communicative Disorders and Neurobiology with the intent to become a speech pathologist. Ever since I started taking French in middle school I have been obsesed with the French culture (if not always the language... I'm not too fond of grammar rules). The summer after my Sophmore year of high school I decided to explore that interest further and participated in the Rotary Youth Exchange Program. Basically they matched me with a French girl who stayed with my family for a month of over the summer and then I traveled there for a month and stayed with her family. I had the time of my life! Unfortunately (or not so unfortunately) this experience simply fueled my interest in the French culture and I decided I wanted to go back for a longer period of time. It fit in with my college planning so I decided to go for it despite the cost and long duration. I opted against Paris because I'm not fond of very large cities so that left me with 3 choices: Rennes (north western France), Grenoble and Aix-en-Provence (both in southern France). Somehow Aix just seemed right. Thus from January 6th to June 26th I will be a resident of the gorgeous city of Aix-en-Provence. I will be taking classes in French (no idea what i will be taking yet) and living in a boarding-type situation. I will be living with an older couple, Madamme and Monseiur Esslinger along with three other boarders: a girl from California, a girl from Japan and a girl from France. I'm so excited!!!

Here is some contact information for you to get a hold of me if you would like:
Facebook- I will be checking Facebook fairly regularily so thats probably the easiest way for most of you to contact me
e-mail- briecheese1414@gmail.com or hilby@wisc.edu
Skype- briecheese1414
Address-
Breanna Hilby
C/O Academic Program in Aix-en-Provence
30, avenue Victor Hugo
13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
Phone- I will have a cell while in France so I'll give you that number as soon as I get it (although calling from the states would be really expensive)

I fly out of Chicago at 2:34 pm to Frankfort and then from there to Marseille!

Well, the endless packing calls!

Au revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment