Saturday, January 9, 2010

snow!!!!

I woke up to a beautiful sight this morning...



After all this freaking out about the snow that never came we finally got some :) Well... I guess if you count 1/8 of an inch getting some snow... Before I left I heard there might be snow on Saturday and I was kinda depressed but now that it came its awesome!!! Its worth it just to see everyone's reactions. My host mom told me this morning that there is no way she was going to even leave the house today because she was scared of slipping. My host dad said that one of his friends didn't go visit a friend because he didn't want to drive in the snow and then he added that his friend would have been absolutely crazy to drive in this weather. I understand that they dont have salt or snowplows but all the snow was melted off the roads!

So I took full advantage of our canceled trip today (it was canceled because of the snow) and went shopping!!!! I went into it knowing i needed to be careful. I am here for 6 months and can't just go buying everything I see... but on the other hand their big sale is going on right now and I was intending to take advantage of that! I met my friend Martha at a fountain near both of our houses and we went together. First I bought a black long sleeve shirt at one of the more expensive stores for only 10 euro ($15 ish) Then we went to H&M. For as much as I love that store in the US, I love it about 100 times more in europe! The sales there were amazing! I ended up getting a gray sweater, a t-shirt, a cami, and a pair of really comfortable long brown cotton pants for 24 euros ($35ish) Not too bad for France! Then the two of us went shopping at a grocery store that we have heard is really cheap (mostly students shop there I guess) I bought enough to last me for lunch for a while... basically cheese and bread (I am in France after all!)along with some lunch meat and yogurt. But I also bought some of my favorite desserts: Prince cookies, Mikado, and Milka chocolate. My host mom gives me a piece of fruit every morning with my breakfast and I end up just taking it for lunch. The store really was cheap too! I think I will be doing all of my grocery shopping there!

Tonight I think we are all going out to go dancing... can't wait!!!

A tout a l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment