Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bonjour from Aix!



Hey everyone! So I have finally made it to Aix and I'm in heaven! (well, apart from the being deathly tired and on top of that try to keep up with people speaking rapid french...) The area is gorgeous, the city is gorgeous, my house is gorgeous!

Yesterday I flew from Chicago to Frankfurt and then this morning flew from Frankfurt to Marseille. I thankfully didn't have any troubles with the flights but some of the girls I traveled with did! I was the only one of 5 that had a seat number and they didn't get theirs until after everyone else had boarded... They were so scared they weren't going to get on! Then once we got to Marseille two more of the girls luggage wasn't there! They will get it shipped because it isn't actually lost, it just didn't make it on the plane but still...

So from the train station I took a bus and then a taxi to my host families house. My host parents are on the older side (they have a great grandson...) but they are really nice and their house is gorgeous!!! My room is small but just what I was expecting. I have the amazing windows with shutters that open :)

I am just so exhausted! Being this tired and trying to keep up with people speaking French is not working too well at the moment. I'll get some sleep tonight though and the French will come back.

Miss you all!

Bre

5 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're loving it so far!! you left just in time, there's a major snow storm coming in tomorrow :\

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyy!!! is the first picture your window?! I thought it was a door at first haha. It's adorable :) glad to hear you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep its from my window... They have doors just like it on the first level though :)

    And yea Jess I heard... although it sleeted here last night and was absolutly disgusting!!! Its still raining and cold but soon it'll let up and get better I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the window has no screen or glass. How do you prevent bugs, birds and vampire bats from entering?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there is both an outside shutter and glass on the inside that opens as well. For now I keep the glass shut and the shutters open (except at night) I'm not sure what ill do in the summer/when it starts getting warmer but i dont think they have too much trouble with bugs. There are some flys but not all the mosquetos we have in wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete